Monday, May 14, 2012

Vintage fabric flower pot

My current obsession is vintage sheets and we have quite the collection going. I saw this tutorial on how to make fabric covered pots and I new I had to make one out of my favorite vintage sheet pattern. I really love the way it turned out, but if I were to make it again I would paint the pot white first and then add the fabric. The terracotta shows through the fabric a little and muddles the colors. To add a little more color I painted the tray a matching pink (you can never have too much pink!) 




























The little pot of hydrangeas are currently sitting on the porch steps.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea. And, thanks for the tip about painting the pot first. Thanks for linking up in the Vintage Sheet Blog Weekend Link Up Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I liked your blog and I personally invite you to join http://www.coollectors.com - The World's Free Collectors Zone.
    We will also be happy to cooperate with your blog such as adding its link to our site.
    All the best,
    Diane
    info@coollectors.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this! And there so many incredible looks one could go with....

    ReplyDelete