Tuesday, May 22, 2012

FO: Scandistitches Design #1

A while back ago I fell head over heels in love with this little embroidery shop on etsy. All of her patterns are just so beautiful and simple. Most of them only require backstitches.

This set has to be my all time favorite ever. All of the patterns are based on scandanavian designs. I knew that they would go perfectly with my ikea swedish bedroom, so I started a mission to stitch them all up and hang them in cute cluster on my wall next to the bookshelf.

So here is the first design. I completely copied September House's colors on this one. I used dmc perle cotton on plain red cotton fabric.

I'm happily stitching up the next design and will have a little sneak peak up soon. Let's just say that it involves pink gingham. Yum!

4 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! Your stitches are so nice and even. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your afghan! My daughter crochets... I'm going to have to send her your blog link and give her some yarn and tell her to get to it! ;)

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, just discovered your wonderful blog!Love your flower, so bright and pretty!
    Luurve your blanket, such gorgeous colours!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I really like the white on red. A bit of a twist on traditional redwork. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    for something so simple its very effective.
    I like the contrast of colours

    Amanda :-)
    newish follower

    ReplyDelete