Saturday, June 9, 2012

Paper Bunting and a Simple Crochet Flower Pattern

So what did you think of that wreath? Pretty cute huh? :)

You can't have a wreath without some sort of garland and the bunting banner is probably the cutest of all garlands.

Again a very simple project. Make a bunting banner template and trace it on your different papers.Cut out with scissors ( I used scallop craft scissors). I ended up making 2 different sized banners because my first  triangles were just too big.



Attach together by hot gluing solid white ribbon to the top of each triangle.

 
Of course I had to add something crocheted so I made some colorful flowers. The two colored ones are a free pattern from mollie makes. I just followed the directions for the 1st 3 rows and changed the half double crochets on the first row to single crochets.

The smaller flowers are my own pattern. Here it is. It is only one row!

ch 5, join to make ring.
In the ring ch2, 2 dc, ch2, slip stitch in the ring. Repeat until you have 5 petals. Fasten off and weave in ends.



Glue the flowers between each triangle and your done!

I'm nearly bursting with excitement to show you the grand finale paper project! What could it be???

4 comments:

  1. love even the garland!!!! and your flowers!!!! cute!!!
    xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky! I have linked your garland to my blog!
    Feel free to visit it!

    gemma
    www.melimelum.cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am Jei Crochet and I featured your Paper Bunting and a Simple Crochet Flower Pattern on my weekly featured patterns. You can grab my I've Been Featured Button on my blog. Cutey Patuty Crochet

    ReplyDelete