Sunday, February 2, 2014

Hama Bead Party

 I'm always trying to find something to beat the winter doldrums.
This week I decided to try my hand and hama beads (or perler beads).
 
  
My mom wanted to join along so we made a little party out of it. We made taco dip and had some Smirnoff ice and crafted for hours. I set out a few bowls of perler beads as well as some cross stitch books.



It is a pretty inexpensive craft. You can get a set of beads along with the little baseboards for about $7.


Here's my woodland ones.

And our British inspired ones.


This little flower along with Stanley is from the Cath Kidston needlepoint book. You can find most of these patterns on my Hama Bead board on Pinterest. Love the way they turned out, so bright and cheery!

What do you all like to do to beat those winter blues?

13 comments:

  1. I have been obsessing on these since ypu posted the photo on instagram. what will you do with them now? Ilove the photos, and the designs are adorable. maybe i should just save the photos because they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and pretty idea! I'll have to give this a try :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely. We did Hama beads yesterday too fit the first time. It was great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I am following your board, and may use the designs to make a blanket in little 2 round crochet squares!! Wish me luckxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute designs. I did not know what these beads were actually called. At our house, the grandchildren call them "crying beads" - because someone always ends up dropping theirs before we can get them ironed. And then there is crying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is adorable! My kids crafted with perler beads back in the day. I just might have to pick some up at Michaels again. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute and what a fun way to beat the cold weather! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Childhood memories :) Lovely patterns too, I might have to do it with my son one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Childhood memories :) Lovely patterns too, I might have to do this with my son one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Grandies love these!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's ridiculous how good you make hama beads look :)

    ReplyDelete